Friday, June 1, 2007

So Encouraged

Wow. So once again the Lord has completely rocked my world this week. I really didn't know what I was being led into with all this, but he has been COMPLETELY faithful in everything I've gone after. I can't even begin to say how encouraging it has been to hear from so many people, people I've known for years and those I've barely met. Wow. It's been yet another testimony that the heart of Christ is not only alive but thriving in so many people today. We're a groaning generation and the things we're yearning for are so purely from the heart that it's breaking in two. Today I got to meet with two different girls on two different occasions that I went to high school with. I was never close to them for four years but today we connected on such a beautiful and transparent level. I drove home just praising God for being so faithful and so truthful in my life and in their lives lately. I know my encouragement will not last forever and I know there will be many trying days ahead of me. But today, today I am wooed by the Spirit like never before. I'm greatful for every compliment I've been given, but the most encouraging thing came from my mom, after I tried to explain to her at 6 am what I had done the night before and what I would be doing with my summer she asked me "you're not joining a cult are you?" ha, no mom, but if people who are trying to live out the gospel every day are a cult, then yeah, you can report me to the FBI. I know she was mostly joking but there was some truth to that. What's encourages me most about it is that if she think's I'm a bit nutty, then I must be doing something right :) Being complimented is awesome, being told I'm a little crazy is more like it...

No comments: